Bluemont Fair Art Show and Sale • September 16 & 17, 2017
The Bluemont Citizens Association invites you to participate in the 2016 Bluemont Fair Art Show & Sale. The Bluemont Fair is an old-fashioned country fair that has been drawing thousands of people for the past 48 years! One of our proud traditions is to show off the talented artists here in our area and we would love for you to join us this year! Amateur and professional artist are encouraged to enter the show & sale.
Artist Entry Requirements:
- Artists must be local. (In the case of overbooking, preference will be given to artists with a home or studio in western LoCo or Clarke County.)
- All wall-hanging art media will be accepted as long as the content is “Family Friendly.”’
- Wall art must be ready to hang upon delivery, using the wire and screw style of hangers. We cannot hang “sawtooth” or “eyelet” style hangers.
- Artists will choose the price for each piece and will be paid 100% in the event of a sale. Please note that you can label a piece as NOT FOR SALE, if you wish to enter the show but choose not to sell your work.
- Artist must RSVP by 9 pm on September 7 by emailing Kim Hurst at firstname.lastname@example.org. Kim will need to know how many entries you plan to submit with approximate sizes.
- Artists are asked to make a $40 donation to the Bluemont Citizens Association when artwork is dropped off. Additionally, artists are asked to provide 2 hours of volunteer help some time during the weekend, if possible, and will be given free fair admission to volunteer.
- Artist or their representative will drop off art and the donation check on Thursday, September 14, between 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm at the Bluemont Community Center.
- All unsold artwork must be picked up on Sunday, September, 18th between 5:30 & 7:00 pm, no exceptions please. Payments for sold artwork will be given to artists at this time unless the customer has contacted has contacted the artist directly to arrange credit card payment.
Opportunity to Volunteer:
Artists making entries are encouraged to volunteer for a few hours during the weekend of the fair. Please encourage friends and family members to join you in this wonderful community-led event. We are looking for volunteers to staff the sale in 2-hour time shifts each day the fair is open, plus helpers to set up and take down the displays late Friday and Sunday afternoons. (Strong helpers needed on Friday and late Sunday.)
Please contact Kim Hurst at email@example.com for a link to the volunteer sign-up schedule. All volunteers are given free admission to the Bluemont Fair, in appreciation of their help.